This position is responsible for leading the City’s long-range planning efforts and administer the City’s zoning and development ordinances through permit review, process planning and the entitlement processes, and other special projects. This position also manages the City’s Code Compliance Program.
- Provide customer service for planning and zoning-related customer service matters, both in-person and over the phone.
- Administer applicable ordinances through permit reviews and analyses, including land disturbance permits, plats, annexations, tree permits, site and development standards for building permits, and legislative and quasi-judicial zoning-related applications.
- Manage pre-application meetings for planning and zoning-related applications including pre-review of all submittals, note-taking, and follow-up correspondence with applicants.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for all planning and zoning functions.
- Manage and update all planning and zoning-related applications and forms, flow charts, and procedures, as needed.
- Write staff memos for zoning-related applications for the City’s Planning and Zoning Commission and the Mayor and Board of Aldermen.
- Complete business license reviews for compliance with zoning regulations.
- Conduct research on planning and zoning-related matters.
- Present cases, research, and recommendations to the City’s staff, Planning and Zoning Commission, and the Mayor and Board of Aldermen.
- Manage and implement long-range planning projects, including the Comprehensive Plan and other master plan efforts; Administer the zoning, sign, and land development ordinances, including making recommendations to revise, update and/or modify ordinances; identifies impacts of proposed ordinance changes and of applicable local, state, and federal regulations; and makes presentations to the Board, commissions, and other officials.
- Administer the City’s Code Compliance Program. Includes indirect supervision of one full time employee.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of grant applications and grant administration.
- Prepare or complete various forms, reports, correspondence, statistical reports, charts, budget documents, spreadsheets, presentations, or other documents.
- Attend various meetings, serves on committees, and makes presentations as needed; serves as staff to the Planning and Zoning Commission; and oversees posting of department-related public meeting ads, signs and notices and preparation of meeting agendas and minutes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of planning and zoning theories, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of the city zoning ordinance, nuisance ordinances, property maintenance code, and other city regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of the comprehensive planning process.
- Knowledge of city and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget management principles.
- Knowledge of personnel management principles.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in management and supervision.
- Skill in directing planning and development operations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://acworth.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2kjnllyf6e6