The City of Duluth, Georgia, (pop. 30,000) is accepting applications for the position of PLANNER or SENIOR PLANNER in the Planning & Development Department. Job title and pay hired at will depend on qualifications. This position plays a critical role in the collaborative nature of the Planning and Development Department. As such, the Planner/Senior Planner must have a broad understanding of cities, towns, and villages and the ways that people interact in such environments. This position will work closely with other planners, engineers, developers, elected officials, architects, design professionals, and citizens to design the neighborhoods, streetscapes, and public spaces throughout the City of Duluth. This position participates in short- and long-range planning initiatives, comprehensive planning, land-use planning, graphic design, and presentation. Qualified applicants must have the ability to maintain the big picture goals of the City while creating and implementing detailed plans to achieve those goals. Qualified applicants ought to have experience in a studio-based environment that focuses on the interconnectedness of a variety of fields and professions surrounding planning and design. This position provides the unique opportunity to participate in all aspects of the planning and design process, from research and development to public participation and project implementation. Must be able to work individually as well as with a team, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning & Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Public Administration, Geography, or a related field is required. A master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Designation as a Certified Planner (AICP) is desirable but not required.
- For a Planner, one to three years work experience in a planner-related area is required. A graduate degree in Urban Planning or related field from an accredited school qualifies as one year of experience.
- For a Senior Planner, at least four years of work experience in a professional-level capacity in a planning-related area is required.
- Proficiency in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam Revu software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop Publisher; and with internet browsers is required.
- The ability to speak a foreign language, particularly Korean or Spanish, is preferred but not required.
Hiring range for a Planner is $49,192 – $56,992 (annualized; paid bi-weekly, Grade 24A) Hiring range for a Senior Planner is $58,673 – $69,508 (annualized; paid bi-weekly, Grade 27A) Actual starting salary is based on qualifications. Visit our website for full job descriptions, job application, Supplemental Questionnaire, and list of benefits: www.duluthga.net/jobs Job application, cover letter, resume, and the required Supplemental Questionnaire may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivered to: Human Resources Phone 770-497-5287 City of Duluth 3167 Main Street Duluth, GA 30096-3263 Posted 6-8-2022, updated 8-4-2022, open until filled; may close at any time without notice
The City of Duluth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City will conform with all applicable local, state, and federal laws concerning employment and will not illegally discriminate with regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information or other legally protected status or classification, except where mandated or permitted by law as a bona fide occupational qualification. It is the policy of the City of Duluth to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer and other terms and conditions of employment. The City of Duluth, in compliance with the Federal law, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.