Summary of Duties:
Researches and evaluates zoning codes and zoning information, reviews applications for permits to determine compliance with zoning requirements and subdivision regulations, and acts as staff support for the Planning Commission. Assists the public in researching zoning and development review cases, determines feasibility of requested changes, and describes procedures for obtaining permits. Consults with public in person or by telephone; explains applicable regulations for development proposals, and describes procedures for processing permits and applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (incumbents may not perform all duties):
- Reviews plans for compliance with applicable ordinances, laws, rules, and regulations and reviews applicable legal documents.
- Handles customer phone calls, walk-ins and appointments related to zoning and development issues and projects.
- Receives and reviews applications for zoning, land use, permits and approves or routes applications to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in presenting detailed reports on rezoning and variance requests to the Planning Commission.
- Assembles maps, plans, and related data needed for plan review and assists co-workers in performing related research.
- Performs onsite inspections of proposed and on-going plans to gather information and determine compliance.
- Prepares minutes from special meetings; provides mail-outs for meetings, attends the Planning Commission meetings, and performs additional support services for the Planning Department, when necessary.
- Provides information to the public as required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as required.