Thank you for your interest in Georgia planning & zoning matters, including the Georgia Association of Zoning Administrators (GAZA).
Please note that the August 2020 GAZA conference has been cancelled out of an abundance of caution regarding to the current public health. The next GAZA conference will be held in February 2021 in Athens at the UGA Center for Continuing Education.
Planning & Zoning Training 101: The Basics
December 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
December 10, 2020
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
UGA Gwinnett Campus in Lawrenceville
Training 101 provides a solid introduction to the basics of what planning and zoning are.
Topics covered in this session include:
• Responsibilities of the planning commission
• Requirements of the Zoning Procedures Law
• Effective management of public meetings
• Role of the planning staff
• Board member ethics and conflict of interest
• Special use permits
• Differences between variances and rezoning
• Nonconforming uses
• Standard practices in land use
• Due process
• Georgia Planning Act
Registration Fee $190 per person
Please note: In an effort to protect the health and safety of participants, the University of Georgia Carl Vinson Institute of Government will follow all University of Georgia guidelines in delivering this program at UGA’s Gwinnett Campus. These include face covers for all participants and instructors.